|Code||Date||Venue||Early Bird Fee||Fee|
|PD443||25 - 27 Nov 2019||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||SGD 4,255||SGD 4,455||Remind me of Course Dates|
|PD443||25 - 27 Nov 2019||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||RM 12,765||RM 13,365||Remind me of Course Dates|
Date25 - 27 Nov 2019
VenueKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Early Bird FeeSGD 4,255
Date25 - 27 Nov 2019
VenueKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Early Bird FeeRM 12,765
About this Training Course
In the Oil & Gas construction and procurement business, the success of your project is dependent on your practical “know how” in contract management. Understanding the essential ingredients of contracts and mastering the fundamentals will equip you to identify vague contracts, avoid dangerous and often hidden terms, and better understand your position and your project.
This 3-day workshop that covers important topics such as contracting strategies, liabilities of the parties, issues of indemnity warranties and guarantees. This workshop will provide you with a forum to explore root causes behind disputes as ambiguous clauses or one sided contracts and strategies to deal with such scenarios.
This workshop is facilitated such as to learn how to negotiate rigid contracts where contractors are not allowed to edit any clauses during the bidding process. The participants will learn from the Case Law Reports and analysis so as to take home lessons learned from bitter experiences of the peers in the industry. It is designed to help those who need a solution to manage current contractual issues or those who execute contracts on a daily basis and want to be more proficient in reviewing, administering or managing their contracts and projects.
By attending this 3-day intensive workshop, you will be able to:
- Enhance your current knowledge of the legal principles governing international Contracts from formation, execution to breaches, redresses and dispute resolution either as a party or as a consortium member or as a co-venturer.
- Manage Consortium and Joint Venture Partners inter-relationship and contractual responsibilities.
- Identify dangerous exposures due to joint and severally liable requirements of consortium based contracts.
- Effectively Manage Risks of Your Projects, With Enforceable Contract Documents, by learning the purpose and potential benefits of maintaining evidence in compliance to the contract clauses.
- Learn the Contract Enforcement Nuggets of Owners and the Variation Claims Strategies of the Contractors from a practitioner, who has worked and consulted, for major EPCIC contractors in Oil & Gas segments and Offshore & Marine, construction yards.
- Allocation of contract management related roles / assignments and WBS within consortium partners for effective project management and profitable results.
- Use of Contract Terms & Conditions for enhancing project performance, monitoring, reporting and achieving timely completion, thereby avoiding delays and disputes.
On completion of the workshop, the participants will be able to apply the following:
- How to manage Consortium Partners, Contractors and Owners representatives
- Project management strictly in accordance with the contract and the corporate strategies
- How to ensure that Variations Order claims are appropriately managed in turnkey and lump-sum contracts
- Manage contemporary challenges and market factors with direct or indirect impact on the contracts
- Managing all members of the Supply Chain from vendors to logistics services providers
- Cost Engineering and Performance Management
- When and how to obtain / grant extension of time (EOT) and costs
- Ability to identify rights and obligations of each party to a contract instead of making subjective decisions
- Ability to be firm in negotiations without violating terms of the agreements
- Ability to spot different legal systems, contract laws and arbitration rules
- Ability to negotiate and avoidance of disputes and resolution in amicable manner, in accordance with the provisions of the contract
- Competency in developing and maintaining documentary evidence and traceability for all works executed during the project.
This 3-days training course will be useful and applicable for:
- Contracts Managers
- Corporate Legal Counsels
- General Managers and Project Managers
- Heads of EPCIC Business Units
- Lawyers and Legal Professionals interested in EPCIC Segments of the Oil & Gas Industry
- Procurements and Supply Chain Managers
- Project Directors
UNIQUE course features:
- Encompasses Complete Value Chain: The contractual, management and legal aspects during the infrastructure development stages of Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning will be elaborated during the workshop.
- Problem Based Learning: Unlike lectured courses, this workshop is specially developed based on the request from Clients, to use real life cases in Oil & Gas industry segments, for grasping the International Legal Principles of different legal regimes and the substantive Laws of Contracts.
- Expert Workshop Leader: The course content is developed by an expert practitioner who has worked in the wide spectrum of the EPCIC segments, both Onshore and Offshore.
- Researched Content: The workshop content is grounded in the recently completed projects in the international arena, but which were exposed to unplanned risks, legal exposures, cost overruns, delays and disputes.
- Practical and focused: The course uses a ‘Logical Project Management Approach’ to enhance the contract risks identification skills.
- Value added experience: Your learning experience includes a Pre-workshop Questionnaire (PQ) to help you identify key learning objectives in advance and an opportunity to submit your own case for dissection and analysis during the workshop (If you register early!)
- Comprehensive Course Materials: A selected range of reference materials and links to valuable resources will be available for each participant, for ensuring long term benefits of attending this workshop.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The trainer was clear, experienced and has provided me with commercial and contractual expertise tools, and skills to perform my job much better.
Senior Assistant Contracts Manager, SapuraAcergy (Australia)
Very good course for legal executives/lawyers/ contract personnel.
Executive Planning & Governance, KPOC
The information and materials are hands-on and very practical for the Oil & Gas industry.
Petroleum Revenue Audit Advisor, Ministry of Finance, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
Thorough, broad, and detail knowledge of interlocking and related concepts, practical and usable now. Practical and real-world business and project examples
Assistant General Manager, Japan Drilling Company
Never thought the cases are good as references, but this course changed my mindset. New knowledge was shared.
Senior Contract Analyst, Murphy Sarawak Oil
This training is useful for procurement and legal staff, other than the Project Management Team.