|Code||Date||Venue||Early Bird Fee||Fee|
|PD508||28 - 30 Sep 2020||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||SGD 4,225||SGD 4,425||Remind me of Course Dates|
|PD508||28 - 30 Sep 2020||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||RM 12,675||RM 13,275||Remind me of Course Dates|
Date28 - 30 Sep 2020
VenueKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Early Bird FeeSGD 4,225
Date28 - 30 Sep 2020
VenueKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Early Bird FeeRM 12,675
About this Training Course
This 3-day training course encompasses both the current and future trends in design and construction of LNG floating terminals. The course is designed specifically for professionals engaged in FSRUs projects, and it is a must-attend session for those looking for proven and sustainable approaches to design and construction challenges.
In this training course, participants will be able to acquire first hand exposure to upcoming technologies and lessons learned from real life experiences. Participants will be able to bounce ideas with their peers to deal better with the contemporary challenges facing production, storage and transportation of gas directly from the offshore fields.
This course is developed with a proactive approach to prepare the present generation for future challenges and to lead the development of Oil & Gas Exploration & Production segments, encompassing the following underlying objectives:
- Gain an understanding of the prevailing technologies and competitive designs for FSRUs in the world at present
- Evaluate currently available options in context of future needs and anticipated demand forecasts
- Identify emerging standards, codes, design criteria and operational flexibilities for the design of futuristic FSRUs
- Evaluate impact on FSRU designs of current and future trends in STS transportation and the influence of regulatory regimes and strategies of Oil & Gas Majors, Spot Traders and Storage Terminals
- Explore the potential of digital technologies in enhancement of operational performance for FSRU processes
- Learn to incorporate features which make it possible for an FSRU to be redeployed at another field site with minimal adjustments
This course is recommended for personnel involved in LNG Tankers, FSRU and FLNG projects who require specific knowledge for taking decisions on suitable design options and technology:
- Project Proposals and Bidding Team Members
- Conceptual Design Engineers, Development Engineers, Engineering & Integration Managers
- Naval Architects, FSRU Project Managers
- Current and future Offshore Installation Managers, Process Engineers, Operations Managers and HUIC (Commissioning) Engineers
Upon completion of the course and review of real-life case studies, participants would have enhanced their knowledge base and be able to:
- Comprehend a broad overview of FSRU market segments by geography and their design types & characteristics in context of new developments
- Understand the prevailing key design and technology considerations for FSRU design & construction
- Identify the critical design requirements, codes and standards which govern FSRU design
- Standardise the main CCS, Cryogenic systems, its typical load bearing & sloshing capabilities and flexibilities
- Understand emerging design considerations for Hull, Mooring, Swivels & Fluid Transfers Systems and Risers
- Importance of Custody Transfer Systems and role of cyber-technologies for export and STS requirements
- Develop an overview of a bidding proposal for a FSRU design & development projects and the key factors for success
Your expert course leader is the practising Chartered Arbitrator and Principal Management Consultant in Singapore and Hong Kong. He specialises in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and Alternative Dispute Resolutions. Over a 43-year period, he has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing, Oil & Gas majors, EPCIC Contractors, Construction Projects, Shipping, Logistics & Warehousing, and international shipyards. He has also worked as a consultant to the Infrastructure Development Projects, Oil & Gas Pipe Laying Contracts, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Shipyards and Owners of Oil & Gas Tankers, Dry Bulkers, Drill Ships, OSVs and FPSO’s.
His consulting expertise traverses through Business Process Re-engineering, Diversifications, Corporate Development, Project Management, Feasibility Studies, Dispute Resolutions and Market Research. He has been engaged for strategic planning, including assignments like due diligence, resolving various operational issues, consortium contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of procurement and supply chain management systems. He has successfully assisted offshore E & P clients in managing disputes arising from various international EPCIC projects, contracts for rig building, ships upgrading & conversion projects. He continues to be actively engaged in claims reviews, adjudication, mediation, arbitration, litigation and expert witness related assignments, arising from international construction contracts and Charterparty Agreements.
He has held positions of General Manager and Consultant with major Shipyards and Managing Director, General Manager and Senior Manager, with the companies from the construction industry, heavy engineering fabrications, and marine & offshore services sectors. He was responsible for the projects related to the works on Offshore Vessels refurbishment, FPSO Conversions, Gas Tanker Repairs, Process Modules engineering, Lateral Gas and Oil Pipelines’ and other (EPCIC) construction related works. He has developed special methodologies for managing CMGD (Complex, Multiple, Geographically Dispersed) projects.
He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA in General Management, Master of Technology in Knowledge Engineering and Master of Science in Maritime Studies. He holds professional qualifications in arbitration law, contract law and marine engineering, including the Chief Engineer’s First Class Certificate of Competency. He is currently engaged in the field of intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights and patents protection related studies and investments treaty related matters.
He is ‘Fellow’, Asian Institute of ADR (‘FAIADR’); Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, (‘FCIArb’); Member, Maritime Law Association of Singapore, Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD) and Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (M.S.I.D.) He is also a Member of Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), USA and several other organisations.
He regularly undertakes appointments as Arbitrator for resolving international disputes. He is admitted to the panel of arbitrators with ACICA & AMTAC, Sydney, Australia; AIAC, Malaysia; DIAC, Dubai, (UAE); KCAB, Korea; SCCA, Saudi Arabia; SCMA, Singapore; HKIAC, Hong Kong; LCIA, London, UK; VIAC, Vienna, Austria; ICA, Delhi, India; WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Centre; and Past Member, ICCA, PCA Hague, Netherlands. He is also an empaneled Adjudicator and Mediator with AIAC, Malaysia and Accredited Mediator of CMC, Ministry of Law, Singapore.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The instructor is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more about maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
Superb presentation. Definitely a Guru!!!
Head of Marine Audit, Icon Offshore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer. A very practical approach to understanding OSV chartering & CP Management.
Asst Loading Master, Shell Phillipines Exploration BV
Great and knowledgeable course with the experienced trainer.
Assistant Project Financial Analyst, Oceancare Corporation Sdn Bhd
This training course exceeded my expectations. The instructor is very effective and answers our questions in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. One word ‘Superb’
Marine Captain, Sarawak Shell
The instructor is an obvious world-class expert in Maritime Law Y & C/P Management. He has prepared an excellent course of sessions and genuinely tried to pass his experience to attendants. Anyone in OSV Chartering Business will benefit greatly from attending this course.
Assistant Contracts Manager, Maridive & Oil Services
The course has been made successful specifically because of the experience, knowledge, and patience of the trainer.
Group Legal Counsel, Amsbach Marine Singapore
A knowledgeable and experienced trainer, conducted in an informed manner, makes it an enjoyable and very informative course.