About this Training Course
This training course provides an in-depth understanding of the issues to be considered in the development of offshore fields. Each day consists of lectures in the morning and a hands-on workshop in the afternoon. The workshop allows the participants to appreciate the design process associated with field developments. Various software will be available during the training course to predict multiphase flows through wells, pipelines and risers, as well as evaluating reservoir production profiles using alternative technologies to develop reservoirs. Further software to assess surge and environmental safety will also be available.
The field design approach will consider an integrated solution through modelling the reservoir decline, wells, flowlines, risers and the host facility. The participants will have a total appreciation of the methodology required to develop offshore oil & gas fields and have an understanding of all of the Flow Assurance issues and technology requirements.
Here are the key course objectives from this 5 day comprehensive training course:
- Provide an understanding of Flow Assurance and issues and their mitigation techniques.
- An appreciation of the field design process in consideration to flow assurance through integrating the reservoir to the host facility.
- An understanding of the benefits and risks associated with innovative technology application to offshore field development.
- Provide hands on workshop sessions to appreciate flow assurance importance in field design infrastructure and operations.
- To ensure that the attendees understand and appreciation flow assurance and solution techniques for the design and operation of offshore/onshore fields.
Engineering graduates & technologists who will be involved with the management, supervision, design and operating oil & gas fields in their work: R&D engineers and researchers, Reservoir engineers, Petroleum engineers, Subsea engineers and Drilling engineers, addressing drilling problems in deep off-shore environments.