About this Training Course
This world class 3-day training course is uniquely Asia-focused. It immerses course participants in a dynamic negotiation process based entirely on real life Oil, Gas and LNG negotiating situations, many of which have been experienced directly by the Course Trainers.
It targets professionals who are normally peripheral to major Gas and LNG negotiations such as legal counsel, financial and engineering professionals, project leaders and senior management, any of whom may be called in to play an active part in these negotiations whether by virtue of their skill sets or seniority level.
The course requires pre-reading, which is essential to enable the participants to play a full role from day one in this intensive, enjoyable and proven successful course. The course is intended for people who want their professional contribution to major deal-making to count and places major business deal-making within contemporary technical, commercial and political frameworks.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand where gas and LNG contracts “sit” in the oil and gas value chains
- Understand what gas and LNG contract terms all mean
- Distinguish the differences between similar terms in pipeline gas and LNG contracts and the essential balance of risk and reward in agreements
- Manage information overload, incomplete information and misleading information in the context of a sophisticated negotiation
- Use and negotiate key terms in the Gas and LNG Sale and Purchase Agreements used in real world negotiations
- Progress successfully through a competitive and demanding negotiation process and achieve negotiating closure of pro forma agreements
- Construct effective negotiating teams to achieve optimum results when exposed to negotiating dynamics in practice
- Understand why any major gas or LNG agreement must be a balance of risk and reward, and identify current market risks and possible structural changes
This 3-day training course is targeted for the following professionals holding key positions from leading Gas/LNG companies and organisations in the related sectors. They are and not limited to:
- Government Officials
- Legal Counsels/Advisors
- Project Owners
- Project Managers
- Project Engineers/Planning Engineers
- Operation Managers
- Contract/Agreements Managers/Specialists
- Finance Controllers/Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Corporate & Administration Professionals Buyers
- Sellers & Distributors
This course is equally suitable for energy professionals wanting a refresher in the sharp end of technical – commercial gas negotiations.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Overall, it is a well prepared & good exposure for me.
Executive (Legal), TNB Fuel Services
Negotiating a gas contract is challenging, negotiate with persons is more challenging. This course gives both.