About this Training Course
This comprehensive course is comprised of an intensive 3-day programme that will provide delegates with an advanced understanding of international oil trading and price risk management.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the International oil energy markets, trade flows and demand outlook
- Know about the crude oil characteristics, valuation and refining processes
- Understand the tanker shipping and freight economics
- Learn the oil pricing and price reporting
- Understand the physical oil trading and hedging/ speculation using futures, swaps and options
- Understand the negotiating oil supply contracts and oil storage deals
- Learn the model trading strategies/ rationales and arbitrage opportunities
- This course is designed for oil industry professionals, probably with a minimum of 5 years industry experience, looking to develop a more detailed understanding of the Supply and Trading business and risk management.
- Participants will be expected to have some experience in oil trading but wish to further hone their knowledge and skills in trading and risk management in order to develop their careers.
- The approach has been tested successfully in the academic environment, the commercial environment of major and national trading companies and in a range of public courses delivered in many parts of the world.
- It maximises interaction with delegates during presentations and presentations will be interspersed with focussed exercises to be completed on an individual basis or in in syndicates to reinforce the learning process.
- The programme culminates with a trading simulation drawing directly on the skills that have been learnt in a competitive and lively team environment.