About this Training Course
Control & Operation of Centrifugal Gas Compressors
ESD Simulation Training uses dynamic simulation models to deliver hands-on training that will help you make better decisions in the operation and maintenance of equipment and in the design of systems. The capacity to create real scenarios in real time provides an engaging learning environment and measurable results. Our courses are taught by a highly qualified faculty of experienced engineers and operations professionals and are broken into 40-minute sessions comprised of lectures, simulation model exercises, videos, CBT, multi-media training and group discussions. With a firm focus on hands-on training and interaction, these courses will keep you engaged and result in a deeper and more lasting understanding of process operations.
Intensive, 2 day course with a mixture of short lectures, workshop exercises involving dynamic process simulation, and key learning de-brief discussions. This course will provide engineers with a good understanding of troubleshooting and problem solving in process plants. Using a series of simulated practical examples, delegates will be challenged to identify and correct real life process problems. These examples will include: heat transfer problems, mass transfer problems, equipment performance issues, and process control system issues.
For each example delegates will be briefed on the simulated process and control system and challenged to identify the important pre and post problem conditions. Following a standard troubleshooting methodology they will determine and validate the cause of the problem.
At the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand what problem solving and troubleshooting of process operations is and how to do it.
- Be able to identify and respond to abnormal conditions on a process plant including:
- Unstable operation
- Reduced throughput capacity
- Reduced efficiency
- Reduced product quality
- Be aware of how to evaluate the performance of an operating process.
- Understand how to collect and analyze relevant data and process conditions.
- Gain personal experience and confidence troubleshooting several process upset conditions using process simulation model exercises.
Engineers that are responsible for or providing support to plant process operation.