About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The E&P industry operates in just about every imaginable geographic region around the world. Wherever operations are taking place, they are dependent upon a complex network of transport and supply in order to deliver the people, materials and equipment where and when they are needed.
This VILT will equip you with the skills and competencies to plan and organise resources so as to minimise turnaround time for the vessels engaged in support of Offshore E & P operations. Various hands-on exercises will help you to learn and evaluate viable and feasible approaches for safe and efficient management of OSBs in compliance with continuously evolving international best practices and Oil & Gas standards. There is also ample opportunity to work on cases related to managing logistics for a diversified range of customer segments.
By attending this intensive VILT, participants will be able to:
- Implement and comply with the QHSSSE regulations and national or Port Controls regime for safe handling of import & export cargo and movements of the vessels.
- Establish role and responsibilities of the Offshore Supply Base management team.
- Plan and organise resources so as to minimise turnaround time for the vessels engaged in support of Offshore E & P operations.
- Plan and organise OSB cranes, vehicles, MHE, spaces and relevant facilities for storage, movement and custody transfer of various types of solid and liquid cargo, tools, shackles, bulk materials in open yards and ships’ gears.
- Be aware of potential emergency situations and how to respond and coordinate with relevant internal and external agencies.
- Manage safety of personnel of sub-contractors, stevedores’, tenants and ship crew, when engaged in OSB operations.
- Differentiate between various ships, technical and functional characteristics, safety requirements and potential hazards of each operation.
- Build competency in developing and maintaining documentary evidence traceability for all works executed during the specific period or operation.
- Develop techniques for performance monitoring and continuous improvements based on lessons learned from each operation at the Base as well as from reports about peers in the similar business.
This course will benefit:
- Operations Management personnel from existing OSBs, Ports, Logistics & Warehouses, Offshore Fields, E & P Infrastructure Support services providers
- Professionals interested in OSB segment of the Offshore & Marine Oil & Gas Industry
- Delegates who have no prior knowledge about OSB Operations and are new to the Offshore Logistics
Highly recommended for:
- Managers, Engineers and Professionals assigned to lead new initiatives in Logistics Management of Offshore & Marine Segments of Oil & Gas Industry
Jayems Dhingra is the practicing Chartered Arbitrator and Principal Management Consultant. He specializes in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and Alternative Dispute Resolutions. Over a 44-year period, Jayems has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing, Oil & Gas majors, EPCIC Contractors, Construction Projects, Shipping, Logistics & Warehousing, and international shipyards. Jayems has also worked as a consultant to the Infrastructure Development Projects, Oil & Gas Pipe Laying Contracts, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Shipyards and Owners of Oil & Gas Tankers, Dry Bulkers, Drill Ships, OSVs and FPSO’s.
His consulting expertise traverses through Business Process Re-engineering, Diversifications, Corporate Development, Project Management, Feasibility Studies, Dispute Resolutions and Market Research. He has been engaged for strategic planning, including assignments like due diligence, resolving various operational issues, consortium contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of procurement and supply chain management systems. Jayems has successfully assisted offshore E & P clients in managing disputes arising from various international EPCIC projects, contracts for rig building, ships upgrading & conversion projects. He continues to be actively engaged in claims reviews, adjudication, mediation, arbitration, litigation and expert witness related assignments, arising from international construction contracts and Charter Party Agreements.
Jayems has held positions of General Manager and Consultant with major Shipyards and Managing Director, General Manager and Senior Manager, with the companies from construction industry, heavy engineering fabrications, and marine & offshore services sectors. He was responsible for the projects related to the works on Offshore Vessels refurbishment, FPSO Conversions, Gas Tanker Repairs, Process Modules engineering, Lateral Gas and Oil Pipelines’ and other (EPCIC) construction related works. He has developed special methodologies for managing CMGD (Complex, Multiple, Geographically Dispersed) projects.
Jayems graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA in General Management, Master of Technology in Knowledge Engineering, Master of Science in Maritime Studies and LL.M. (IP Laws). He holds professional qualifications in arbitration law, contract law, intellectual property laws and marine engineering, including the Chief Engineer’s First-Class Certificate of Competency. He is currently engaged in the field of intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights and patents protection related studies and investments treaty related matters, besides Oil & Gas and Energy Sectors.
Jayems is ‘Fellow’, Asian Institute of ADR (‘FAIADR’); Member, Maritime Law Association of Singapore, Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD) and Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (M.S.I.D.) He is also a Member of Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), USA and several other international organizations.
Jayems regularly undertakes appointments as Arbitrator for resolving international disputes. He is admitted to the panel of arbitrators with ACICA & AMTAC, Sydney, Australia; AIAC, Malaysia; DIAC, Dubai, (UAE); KCAB, Korea; SCCA, Saudi Arabia; SCMA, Singapore; HKIAC, Hong Kong; VIAC, Vienna, Austria; ICA, Delhi, India; WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Centre; and Past Member, ICCA, PCA Hague, Netherlands, LCIA, London. He is also an empaneled Adjudicator and Mediator with AIAC, Malaysia and Accredited Mediator of CMC, Ministry of Law, Singapore.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Good course and I will highly recommend this course.
Material Supply Head, Shell
This training is filled with facts of a supply base.
Project Logistics, Sabah Shell Petroleum Company
Each section is very relevant to an OSB and matches our business.
GM, Operations, Asian Supply Base
Gained a lot of knowledge and the manual provided helped me get a better understanding of Supply Base Management.
Shorebase Manager, Murphy Oil Corporation
I have gained new knowledge on handling OSB and presentation is very close based on an OSB.
Shorebase Supervisor, Pertamina Hulu Energy Offshore North West Java
Blown away by the amount of information!
Senior Supervisor, Asian Supply Base
This training provided me with more understanding of offshore & marine supply base management. I can apply this knowledge gained for my day-to-day daily routine tasks.
Sabah Logistic Manager, Murphy Oil Corporation
An ideal training course that any OSB operator or anyone willing to set up one should attend. The trainer’s knowledge & experience in OSBs and related subjects is a treasure to experience.
Deputy General Manager, Hayleys Energy Services Lanka
Good session and well managed presentation. There was a lot of interaction and experience sharing between the participants!