About this Training Course
This 3-day course provides a sound review of Pipeline Integrity Management strategies, in compliance with regulatory requirements, including self-assessment. It is highly interactive and takes the form of lectures and case studies.
On completion of the training course, participants will have a solid understanding of the procedures, strengths, limitations, and applicability of the main issues that comprise a Pipeline Integrity Management Program.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- The codes used in developing Integrity Management Plans
- The elements of an Integrity Management Plan
- Threat assessment
- Critical aspects of risk assessment
- Prevention and mitigation measures
- Characteristics and limitations of different inspection methods
- Risk-based approach to maintenance
This course will benefit:
- Supervisors, engineers and technicians responsible for ensuring the adequate protection of pipeline assets
- Maintenance planners, regulators and service-providers to the pipeline industry
Your course leader is a Ph.D. Metallurgical Engineer with advanced expertise in asset integrity management of oil & gas production facilities, corrosion control, materials selection, chemical treatments, pipeline pigging, inspections, fitness-for-service evaluations, failure analysis and related consulting. He has over 30 years of experience working for BP in Asia and South America, Amoco in the US and four years with Applus-Velosi in Southeast Asia.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Good overview of pipeline integrity management for people new to the maintenance and operation of pipelines