This is one of the most up-to-date courses offered to the refining industry, with topics ranging from refinery configuration to profit improvement, from Global Refining Business to Big Data and the Use Artificial Intelligence.
In the contemporary refining world, where process technology, profitability improvement, data management, and global business aspects of the industry are inseparably linked, it is vital that all technical stuff understand the key business components and trained in varied disciplines. This will unlock the refiner’s technical and business potential, its profitability and reliability.
The course is unique in that it provides insight into many aspects of operating a modern refinery in the modern world, incorporating processing, optimisation, energy and oil loss reduction, and knowledge management, all in the framework of a truly global business.
The course will highlight:
- Crude oils and processing options for a refiner
- Refinery cost structure and cost reduction
- Optimisation and profit margin improvement
- Excellence in yield, energy, oil loss
- Management systems, KPIs, data management, and the use of advanced methods.
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Understand refinery processing options and refinery economics
- Appreciate how crude oil choice, the desired products and the technology interact
- Apply methodology of optimisation and profit improvement in key areas of yield and energy
- Apply the analytical tools to key areas of refinery management
- Explain the use of advanced technologies in refining, control and data processing
- Understand how to achieve and sustain excellence in refining.
The course is suitable to all refinery technical personnel, but those that benefit most include:
- Operations’ process engineers and process managers
- Technical services engineers and managers
- Refinery Planners
This training course is design to use proven learning techniques that ensure understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented:
- Presenter is attuned to participant’s individual situation.
- The ex-cathedra presenting is combined with “show me and involve me” discussion
- The course incorporates workout examples and workshops which are interactive and participative
- The participants are encouraged to bring their own examples to the discussion table
- Basic analytical and simulation tools are developed for this course specifically, which participants can keep and use in their daily work.